Mahendru P.C.’s business and commercial litigation practice provides skilled representation for a variety of legal disputes, from simple to complex commercial litigation issues.
We provide the trusted legal insight, industry knowledge, courtroom experience and practical business sense our clients need in matters that are most critical to their business and professional reputation. We seek to settle a dispute in your favor, but we are just as prepared to go to court for you if necessary. We don’t give up.
Although adept at handling any business or commercial litigation case, Mahendru, P.C. has established a specialized niche in representing shareholders, partners, and other equity holders in litigation over closely-held companies. A few of these cases have included:
- The representation of minority shareholders in a compounding pharmacy who alleged that the majority members were taking disguised and unauthorized distributions in an effort to squeeze-out the minority members. Mahendru, P.C. obtained a settlement for the minority shareholders well in excess of $1 million.
- The representation of the majority shareholders in a suit against a minority shareholder accused of funneling company funds (and the majority shareholder’s investment) to his other companies. The court awarded Mahendru, P.C.’s clients summary judgment for $1.3 million.
- The representation of a partner in an oil and gas venture who was defrauded into investing $500,000 into a fail mineral interest. The court awarded Mahendru, P.C.’s client summary judgment in excess of $500,000 after only eight months of litigation.
Our firm represents individuals and corporate clients throughout the greater Houston area, and our client-centered approach means we will work hard to safeguard your rights and protect your best interests.
Mahendru P.C. provides business and commercial litigation representation in the following areas:
- Construction – Construction projects large and small may encounter a number of legal issues, and since these projects generally represent a major investment, problems can mean serious financial risk. When a construction dispute arises, all parties with a stake in the project’s successful completion can find themselves exposed to unforeseen risks.
- Contract & Partnership Disputes – Business owners most likely will encounter disputes or disagreements with vendors, customers, partners or shareholders. When a dispute cannot be settled amicably, you need an experienced lawyer who can protect your business interests. Read more about contract and partnership disputes here.
- Employment – Having knowledgeable legal representation from a business lawyer can make all the difference when an employment dispute arises. Our attorneys represent firms and employees in a range of legal matters, including employment discrimination, sexual harassment, wage claims and complex employment cases.
- Real Estate – Whether you are a buyer, seller, contractor, or a real estate investor, it is essential that you understand the legal obligations and protections that affect your transactions. We represent individual investors and businesses in all legal matters related to commercial and residential property, offering experienced real estate legal services for both plaintiffs and defendants as well as arbitration services.
- Securities – Stakeholders and companies have come to rely on our seasoned lawyers for sound representation in cases concerning securities fraud, corporate takeovers, derivative litigation, shareholder disputes, fiduciary duty claims and more. These types of legal matters have the potential to make or break a company or an investor. Securing representation from a knowledgeable corporate lawyer should be part of any good business plan.
- Trade Secrets – Protecting your business’s intellectual property is an essential security measure, but it is equally important to have a law firm on your side that is able to legally pursue any violators. Read more about trade secrets and non-competes here.
- Oil & Gas – There are a number of legal concerns that can threaten the profitability of oil and gas companies, including mineral rights disputes, surface lease disputes, contract disputes, property damage claims, compliance with regulations, royalty payments and more. If your business is involved in an oil & gas dispute, you need an attorney who has experience representing clients in this industry.
Contact us to schedule an appointment. We offer free initial consultations and flexible scheduling options to oil and gas companies throughout the Houston area.